Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Finalist, Business of the Year Award, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Mary Morton Award from Ontario Motorcoach Association
- Beth Kelly Hatt, 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine
- Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Port Award of the Year
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
- Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
We recently took the "Coastal Photography Tour" when we visited Saint John, NB. The tour was very relaxing, and extremely informative. We learned a lot and got to take some amazing photos in some very unique and scenic places. The tour guide, Cindy-Lee Campbell was very professional and quite entertaining as well. She shared a lot of stories mixed with some humour and then sprinkled in all kinds of interesting techniques to apply when taking photos. She was just wonderful!! Thank you for the tour and the hospitality.
We had Bonnie as our tour guide and she was so knowledgeable, energetic, and wonderful! We learned so much! The reversing falls was amazing, and the chowder was to die for! It was a great package to see all the best of St. John's! Thanks again!!
Our tour guide, Bonnie, was the best tour guide we have ever had on a Princess Cruise shore tour. Our shore excursion was Tuesday Sept. 29th and she provided us with the most insightful experience on the people, the culture, the history and the sights of Saint John, New Brunswick. We really appreciate the job well done by Bonnie.
Joseph S. Kramer
Thank you for your hard work. ... last week we had some of the highest sales of any Carnival ship (1,861 tickets sold) without a single negative comment. You guys are doing a great job and it is a pleasure working with you.
Adam McEwan, Shore Excursion Manager, Carnival Victory
On Aquila’s role as tour operator for Carnival’s shore excursions in Saint John