Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Finalist, Business of the Year Award, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Mary Morton Award from Ontario Motorcoach Association
- Beth Kelly Hatt, 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine
- Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Port Award of the Year
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
- Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
Outstanding tour to St. Martins. Fay Neilson, our guide, was tremendous! Chowder is good, scenery is awesome (we saw a moose), local art is enticing. Bring a hand towel to wipe sandy feet, or beach shoes for walking on rocky beach. We had a great time and highly recommend. The bus ride to St. Martins is a major part of this tour, so small, toddler-aged children who might be impatient to move might not find this tour the best option for them. Everyone else will love it!
What a PERFECT day in Saint Johns. Fabulous weather and a wonderful tour - The Ten Best of Saint John's. Our tour guide, Kelly Anne was the BEST - so knowledgeable and a wonderful story teller. An array of props, hats, pictures etc., used by Kelly Anne, truly enhanced the entire experience.
Milbrey Bercik Campbell
We took the Hopewell Rocks Tidal Discovery Tour led by Sue Crawford. We had no idea what a treat we were in for. The ride out to the rocks was over two hours, but the time flew by as Sue pointed out all of the highlights and history of the area. She was well informed, enthusiastic and engaging. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her. We were fortunate to arrive at the rocks at low tide and had an excellent experience as Ranger Rick explained the phenomena of the 40 foot rise and fall of the tide as well as what we were looking at on the ocean floor. This experience was by far the highlight of our vacation.
My tour of Saint John, Bay of Fundy, and seeing the Reversing Rapids was topped only by the wonderful Bonnie, our guide. She was a delightful informant, entertainer, and rescuer. (I forgot to watch my clock at Market, and she zipped in, snagged me, and we ran back to the bus... whew, did not miss my ship!) Thanks so much Bonnie, it was a blessing having you as our leader that day.
Marilyn Long Roberts