Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Leading Tour Operator for Canada/New England, Carnival Cruise Line
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Medal of Merit, Association of Canadian Port Authorities
- Beth Kelly Hatt, WEF17 Award of "Iconic Women Creating a Better World for All", Women's Economic Forum
- Export Award Finalist, Opportunities New Brunswick
- Beth Kelly Hatt, RBC Trailblazer Award Finalist, RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards
- Cruise Champion, Port Saint John
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA)
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association (ACCA)
- Cruise Line International Association (CLIA)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Cruise Saint John
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
Best tour ever! We still smile when we think of our comedy tag team. Great fun, lots of interesting information, and enjoyable sights. Thanks for providing a really good time.
Judy and Margaret
My wife and I had the best time of our cruise by taking the "Best of St John" tour with one of your guides. It was such a great time to go with Sue and Simon on a ride through the area and see the sights. She is one of the best guides we have been with and informative and interacted with us for the entire time. Her stories and information kept everyone awed and laughing the whole tour. She needs to be commended for her work. She timed it perfectly for us to see the way the river flowed out in the morning and reversed in the afternoon. The ending was also quite memorable with the beer from O'Leary's Pub. So please give she and Simon our thanks for a wonderful and memorable time that we will never forget.
Walt and Cindy Hylenski
Outstanding trip with Bev to Granite Town Farms, St. George, New Brunswick for a great wild blueberry education and tasting of many delicious goodies. If you can't make it there - but want to have tasty and unique gifts - you can't go wrong with their blueberry/lime salsa or their blueberry vinaigrette. Stock up! Google Granite Town Farms for more info. Bev made the entire trip educational and fun. Highly recommend this excursion.
Just wanted to let you what a great tour we had with Heather. She was full of energy, enthusiasm, fun, stories, surprises.. what a hoot! She and our driver were delightful!