Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Finalist, Business of the Year Award, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Mary Morton Award from Ontario Motorcoach Association
- Beth Kelly Hatt, 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine
- Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Port Award of the Year
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
- Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
My husband and I loved our excursion of Bay of Fundy Whale and Wildlife Watching. Our tour guide was Sue and she was great. Very funny and entertaining as well as answered all questions. Made the tour fun and very enjoyable. Our marine biologist on our boat, Danielle was also fabulous. Extremely informative and love the information she provided while out looking at the different wildlife at the Bay of Fundy.
Colleen Schnibbe Lindsey
Outstanding trip with Bev to Granite Town Farms, St. George, New Brunswick for a great wild blueberry education and tasting of many delicious goodies. If you can't make it there - but want to have tasty and unique gifts - you can't go wrong with their blueberry/lime salsa or their blueberry vinaigrette. Stock up! Google Granite Town Farms for more info. Bev made the entire trip educational and fun. Highly recommend this excursion.
My family of 6 with 4 kids ages 6-11 took the Top 10 Tour of Saint John and the Bay of Fundy. Rennie was our guide and Les was our driver. Our day was outstanding. We saw it all and learned a lot. Beautiful sites and fun trivia and activities from Rennie. Not one complaint from any of the children on this 6.5 hour tour=2 thumbs up!!!
Thank you for your hard work. ... last week we had some of the highest sales of any Carnival ship (1,861 tickets sold) without a single negative comment. You guys are doing a great job and it is a pleasure working with you.
Adam McEwan, Shore Excursion Manager, Carnival Victory
On Aquila’s role as tour operator for Carnival’s shore excursions in Saint John