Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Finalist, Business of the Year Award, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Mary Morton Award from Ontario Motorcoach Association
- Beth Kelly Hatt, 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine
- Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Port Award of the Year
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
- Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
Amazing photography tour. Both my husband and I picked up some tips. Lance was a great teacher for both beginners and more experienced photographers. I highly recommend this tour company. Thanks for the great experience, Lance!
The Best of Saint John hosted by guide Marilyn was excellent. After several tours with good guides, she stands ahead of them all. Knowledgeable, prepared with photos, books, lobster gadgets, and more, she improved the tour experience. Very good with people and a bonus for the city of Saint John. Highly recommend this tour. It included the right mix and all the important things that a western Canadian wanted to see.
My husband and I loved our excursion of Bay of Fundy Whale and Wildlife Watching. Our tour guide was Sue and she was great. Very funny and entertaining as well as answered all questions. Made the tour fun and very enjoyable. Our marine biologist on our boat, Danielle was also fabulous. Extremely informative and love the information she provided while out looking at the different wildlife at the Bay of Fundy.
Colleen Schnibbe Lindsey
Outstanding tour to St. Martins. Fay Neilson, our guide, was tremendous! Chowder is good, scenery is awesome (we saw a moose), local art is enticing. Bring a hand towel to wipe sandy feet, or beach shoes for walking on rocky beach. We had a great time and highly recommend. The bus ride to St. Martins is a major part of this tour, so small, toddler-aged children who might be impatient to move might not find this tour the best option for them. Everyone else will love it!