Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Finalist, Business of the Year Award, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Mary Morton Award from Ontario Motorcoach Association
- Beth Kelly Hatt, 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine
- Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Port Award of the Year
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
- Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
My family of 6 with 4 kids ages 6-11 took the Top 10 Tour of Saint John and the Bay of Fundy. Rennie was our guide and Les was our driver. Our day was outstanding. We saw it all and learned a lot. Beautiful sites and fun trivia and activities from Rennie. Not one complaint from any of the children on this 6.5 hour tour=2 thumbs up!!!
We recently took the Top 10 Tour with Paula as our guide. She was absolutely fantastic! She was energetic, informative, and organized. Best of all, she was so nice and really gave the impression she loves both her job and the Saint John area. She kept everything moving smoothly and filled all the bus riding time with tons of information about the area. We would highly recommend both the tour and especially Paula to anyone!
Jennifer Feehan Peabody
We had Bonnie as our tour guide and she was so knowledgeable, energetic, and wonderful! We learned so much! The reversing falls was amazing, and the chowder was to die for! It was a great package to see all the best of St. John's! Thanks again!!
Our tour guide, Bonnie, was the best tour guide we have ever had on a Princess Cruise shore tour. Our shore excursion was Tuesday Sept. 29th and she provided us with the most insightful experience on the people, the culture, the history and the sights of Saint John, New Brunswick. We really appreciate the job well done by Bonnie.
Joseph S. Kramer