Awards & Accolades
Aquila is recognized as a leader in the tourism industry, and over the years, we have been honored with a variety of awards and accolades, including:
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2007
- Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Outstanding Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2004
- Aboiteau Award for Innovation, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2003
- Friend of the Industry Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2003
- Saint John Tour Guides Best in the World, Dream World Cruise Destination Magazine, nomination, 2003
- Tourism Operator of the Year Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2002
- Best Shore Excursion Award, Atlantic Canada Cruise Association, 2002
- Human Resources Development Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2001
- Rated among Atlantic Canada’s Fastest growing businesses, Atlantic Progress and New Brunswick Business magazines, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Business Achievement Award, Saint John Board of Trade, 1995
- Mary Morton Award, Ontario Motorcoach Association, 2006
- 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine, 2006
- Named Godmother and christened M.V. Acadian, Irving, 2005
- Pioneer Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2004
- Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, Woman’s Executive Network and the Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Finalist Atlantic Region, 2002
- Top 50 CEO in Atlantic Canada, Atlantic Business Magazine, 2002
- Women Entrepreneurship Award, Fundy Regional Development, 1991
Our tour guide, Bonnie, was the best tour guide we have ever had on a Princess Cruise shore tour. Our shore excursion was Tuesday Sept. 29th and she provided us with the most insightful experience on the people, the culture, the history and the sights of Saint John, New Brunswick. We really appreciate the job well done by Bonnie.
Joseph S. Kramer
Aquila is one of the best tour operators that we work with anywhere in the world, and they are excellent models to which other tour operators can aspire.
Amilcar Cascais, Vice President of Tour Operations
Carnival Cruise Lines
Jane was our guide for the St. Martins and Bay of Fundy excursion. She is a storehouse of information, humour, and wit. Delightful person. Great tour.
Prior to this tour, I already had high expectations of Aquila … I don’t know HOW you did it - but you DID IT! You exceeded even my high expectations! Bravo to the whole team! Many, many thanks to you and your company for this extraordinary adventure.
Rose Poirier, New Brunswick Museum
On a Saint John Tour Program Aquila delivered for the New Brunswick Museum