Awards & Accolades
Aquila is recognized as a leader in the tourism industry, and over the years, we have been honored with a variety of awards and accolades, including:
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2007
- Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Outstanding Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2004
- Aboiteau Award for Innovation, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2003
- Friend of the Industry Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2003
- Saint John Tour Guides Best in the World, Dream World Cruise Destination Magazine, nomination, 2003
- Tourism Operator of the Year Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2002
- Best Shore Excursion Award, Atlantic Canada Cruise Association, 2002
- Human Resources Development Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2001
- Rated among Atlantic Canada’s Fastest growing businesses, Atlantic Progress and New Brunswick Business magazines, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Business Achievement Award, Saint John Board of Trade, 1995
- Mary Morton Award, Ontario Motorcoach Association, 2006
- 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine, 2006
- Named Godmother and christened M.V. Acadian, Irving, 2005
- Pioneer Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2004
- Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, Woman’s Executive Network and the Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Finalist Atlantic Region, 2002
- Top 50 CEO in Atlantic Canada, Atlantic Business Magazine, 2002
- Women Entrepreneurship Award, Fundy Regional Development, 1991
Outstanding tour to St. Martins. Fay Neilson, our guide, was tremendous! Chowder is good, scenery is awesome (we saw a moose), local art is enticing. Bring a hand towel to wipe sandy feet, or beach shoes for walking on rocky beach. We had a great time and highly recommend. The bus ride to St. Martins is a major part of this tour, so small, toddler-aged children who might be impatient to move might not find this tour the best option for them. Everyone else will love it!
A top excursion and the best guide ever. She was fantastic!!! We were entertained - and educated for the total trip.
Amazing photography tour. Both my husband and I picked up some tips. Lance was a great teacher for both beginners and more experienced photographers. I highly recommend this tour company. Thanks for the great experience, Lance!
We took the Top 10 Tour with "Maid" Marian as our guide, and Phillip her trusty sidekick driver on Sept. 23. It was a wonderful tour! Saw so much and Marian was so knowledgeable and fun, too. Highly recommend!
Marijane Manley Jerauld