Awards & Accolades
Aquila is recognized as a leader in the tourism industry, and over the years, we have been honored with a variety of awards and accolades, including:
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2007
- Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Outstanding Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2004
- Aboiteau Award for Innovation, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2003
- Friend of the Industry Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2003
- Saint John Tour Guides Best in the World, Dream World Cruise Destination Magazine, nomination, 2003
- Tourism Operator of the Year Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2002
- Best Shore Excursion Award, Atlantic Canada Cruise Association, 2002
- Human Resources Development Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2001
- Rated among Atlantic Canada’s Fastest growing businesses, Atlantic Progress and New Brunswick Business magazines, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Business Achievement Award, Saint John Board of Trade, 1995
- Mary Morton Award, Ontario Motorcoach Association, 2006
- 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine, 2006
- Named Godmother and christened M.V. Acadian, Irving, 2005
- Pioneer Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2004
- Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, Woman’s Executive Network and the Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Finalist Atlantic Region, 2002
- Top 50 CEO in Atlantic Canada, Atlantic Business Magazine, 2002
- Women Entrepreneurship Award, Fundy Regional Development, 1991
Thanks Bonnie of Aquila Tours - Bay of Fundy Shore Excursions for a great, fun day... full of interesting facts and sights. We really enjoyed spending the day with ya! Especially the lobster roll! Such a beautiful place to visit! Enjoyed our time in your part of the world. Thanks for the hospitality!
The Best of Saint John hosted by guide Marilyn was excellent. After several tours with good guides, she stands ahead of them all. Knowledgeable, prepared with photos, books, lobster gadgets, and more, she improved the tour experience. Very good with people and a bonus for the city of Saint John. Highly recommend this tour. It included the right mix and all the important things that a western Canadian wanted to see.
Prior to this tour, I already had high expectations of Aquila … I don’t know HOW you did it - but you DID IT! You exceeded even my high expectations! Bravo to the whole team! Many, many thanks to you and your company for this extraordinary adventure.
Rose Poirier, New Brunswick Museum
On a Saint John Tour Program Aquila delivered for the New Brunswick Museum
Just wanted to say that we had a great trip and the tour from Aquila Tours was everything that it promised. Of course the main reason for excellence was the tour guide, Ian Patrick, one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable people we met on our cruise. Kudos to Ian!